Orthopedic + Fracture Specialists is pleased to announce the formation of the 12-month Athletic Training Residency Program. Located in Portland, Oregon, Orthopedic + Fracture Specialists created the program to advance the knowledge of musculoskeletal clinical evaluation and diagnosis of certified athletic trainers.
For more details and to apply, click here.
LOCAL COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
At Orthopedic + Fracture Specialists, community involvement is one of our core values and a guiding principle along with our goal of excellent customer service and high quality care.
We support community activities by:
- Providing services to our local schools and community
- Supporting healthcare-related charities
- Employee education & staff participation for those in need in the local community.
While we serve patients from all over Oregon, our roots have been in this community since 1933. Through our involvement in local issues, we can support our community and raise awareness about local important cases and needs.
Some of the events and organizations we are involved with are as follows:
- American Red Cross; Blood Drives
- Katrina Matching Dollar Support
- Haitti Relief Matching Dollar Support
- Surgical Missions: Dominican Republic
- Mount Hood Meadows; Ski Support
- Denim for Dollars: (Dove Lewis, Harpers Playground, Alzheimer Support)
- Shoe Box Program: School Items for children
- Adopt a Family/Holiday Program
- Food Bank
- HWY Clean-Up
- Portland Marathon
- Walk for Water
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation Walk
- MS Walk
- Team Physicians several High Schools teams and club sports
- Multnomah Athletic Club; Gymnastics & Swim Program
- Westside Gymnastics & Dance
- Pacific University
- US Ski Team
We are proud supporters of the Orthopedic Research Foundation:
The Orthopedic + Fracture Specialists physicians, working with Providence Health Systems have developed an organization providing professional collaboration across the local healthcare continuum and across the nation to promote and provide continued research in the field of Orthopedic Medicine. This Research area includes: functional outcomes for patients well-being and improved health; development of new, less invasive, surgical techniques to promote faster healing and a quicker return to functionality; and working with other healthcare providers to provide evidence-based tools and resources for optimum patient treatments.
For more information click here.